Monday, April 25, 2011

Apple for Teacher

This week's Kraft Journal Challenge is May Day. When I think of May, one thing that comes to mind is that I need to thank my kiddos' teachers for teaching (read putting up with) them all year. I created this cute card for my three year old's preschool teacher.

Thank You Teacher






Supplies: Patterned paper, corrugated shapes: Jillibean Soup; lunch bag kraft cardstock, red baker's twine, cello bag, thank-you stamp, large clear stamping block, library card, manila library pocket: Kraft Outlet; buttons: Basic Grey; mini alpha stickers: My Little Shoebox; brown ink: Staz On.

I just love the colors in this Jillibean Soup patterned paper. Such great colors for school! And they worked really well for the apple, too. It was cut at 3" with my Create Expression from the Create A Critter cartridge.

You have all week to get your May Day project linked up over at The Kraft Journal. Can't wait to see what you create!

Toodles.

6 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

This is brilliant, Aphra! Absolutely love every inch of this cute thing!

Josie0602 said...

This is so super cute!! New follower to your blog and I love everything here!

In the Circle magazine, I was admiring your layout. Did you buy the paper in that shape or did it come from a cartridge? I would really love to recreate it for my beach layouts!
Thanks!!
Tracy
www.scrappininthewoods.blogspot.com
jtg0398 at sbcglobal dot net

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Fab idea. Love it. :)

Tracy said...

Absolutely adorable papers on this cute as a button project. Great job Aphra!

Shantaie said...

OMG Aphra this is soooooooo cute!!! Love it!

Melanie said...

This is super cute Aphra!