Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Fishin' For a Father's Day Card

Today's Imaginisce blog post is all about crafting a manly card for Father's Day.  I grabbed the new Happy Camper collection, my Cricut Expression 2, and the Campin' Critters cartridge and got to work on a card for my step-father, who is an avid fisherman.

Catch of the Day Card


Aren't the Happy Camper papers just right for a Father's Day Fishing Card?  Oh, and I threw in some Echo Park Dots and Stripes, too.  Amazing how well it coordinates with the patterend paper.
 

This is the second time that I've used my Campin' Critters cartridge with this paper line.  It's like they were meant to go together.  I cut the Deer and all his layers at 3" from three different shades of brown cardstock. Then, I cut the coordinating sign and all its layers at 4".


And to finish it off, I added a little i-Rock black metal stud to the fish's eye and then some paper and embellishments to the envelope.  Now, I just need to stuff in a gift card and we're all set.

If the Dad in your life is not a fisherman, you can pop over to the Imaginisce blog HERE to see lots of other great card ideas and to put your name in the hat to win the ENTIRE Happy Camper collection.  Woo hooo!!!

Happy Scrapping!



5 comments:

JULIANA said...

What an adorable card Aphra! You know how to ROCK it all girl!

Josie0602 said...

Love your card Aphra!! I just used that cut to make my husband and birthday card and he loved it!!
Tracy
www.scrappininthewoods.blogspot.com

Samantha J Designs (Wife2TJ) said...

LOVE this card!!! It came out wonderfully!!! :-)

mens gift said...

So cute! Really love the reindeer. So cute! Your design is so unique and cute! Impressive! Thanks for the inspiration. Glad I found your site.

Heather said...

SUPER cute card!