Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Guest Designer Day at Jillibean

Today I have another layout up at Jillibean Soup for my June Guest Designer spot.  This one uses Blossom Soup and a sweet pic of my youngest son.

His Smile Makes My Heart Soar

Normally, I try to match my photos to the colors in the papers, but I didn't really have any pictures with a lot of pink and blue in them.  Instead, I used the less dominant colors in the papers (yellow and green).  I love how it turned out.  I plan to play around more with how I choose my photos in the future.


To create this paper-pieced kite, I printed a kite out on my computer to use as a template.  I cut the parts from four different patterns so that I could use more of them on my layout.  And then I finished it off with some Jillibean Soup kraft twine.  And since I had a pretty big space available for my title, I decided to use a variety of Jillibean Soup alphas for a long title.  I think it adds a lot of interest to the layout. 


And, of course, I had to use some Journaling Sprouts.  I sprinkled them around the page--one up top for the journaling and a few in a cluster on the right side of my photo.  LOVE all the different shapes and colors you get on a sheet.

Thanks for stopping by today.  I'll have my last (and favorite) project up on the Jillibean Soup blog next Tuesday.  Hope you'll check it out.

6 comments:

Alexis said...

this is too adorable. I love the papers, of course but what really struck me was the title placement. It is just perfect!! Love, Love, Love this!! Great layout!!

Jennifer Chapin said...

This layout is beautiful!! I love everything about it!

Kelly Massman said...

This is so adorable!!!! Love it!

Michelle said...

LOVING this!!! I love the title and the clouds that you popped dotted too. All the clusters of journal sprouts is so fun!! I really need to try this with photos.. picking the less dominant colors! I usually am very matchy. This really is a fun page. That photo.. SO darn cute!

Judith said...

I love your page everthing about it is just so adorable. x

Diana Waite said...

SO adorable--just love it!