Thursday, June 16, 2011

A Little Red, White, and Blue

Hi friends!  I have a quick post today before I pack up my laptop and head off on our annual family vacation to the beach.  My toes are itching to feel the sand and my mouth is already watering just thinking about the steamed shrimp at my favorite dive.  It's going to be wonderful.  And if this year's trip is anything like last year's, I'll still be scrapping beach pictures when we go next year. 

Today's post is not a beach layout though.   Instead I wanted to share a couple of patriotic cards that I created for my Jillibean Soup June Guest Designer spot.  I was inspired by the Red Script Canvas Stars and all the red and blue papers and die cuts from the two lines they sent -- Blossom Soup and Watermelon Gazpacho.
Remember Card

Jillibean Soup Supplies:  Kraft Card and Envelope, Red Soup Staples, Fresh Cilantro Paper, Blossom Soup Die Cut, Red Script Canvas Star, Corrugated Button, Red Baker's Twine, Brown Dotted Twill, Twine.

Stars and Stripes Card

Jillibean Soup Supplies: Anejo Cheese Patterned Paper, Sprig of Mint Patterned Paper, Yellow Bell Pepper Patterned Paper, Seedless Cucumber Patterned Paper, Corrugated Frames, Watermelon Gazpacho Die Cut, Red Script Canvas Star, Red Baker's Twine, Twine.

I just love how versatile the Jillibean Soup supplies are.  From the spring-themed Blossom Soup and summer-themed Watermelon Gazpacho, I was able to create two Red, White, and Blue patriotric cards.  Although I do have plenty of scraps left for scrapping more beach pics.  Just saying!

6 comments:

Diana Waite said...

I LOVE your cards! I saw them over on Jillibean yesterday--fell in love with the stars and stripes card--YUM! :)

Heather said...

LOVE the cards! The "flag" one!

Julie Bonner said...

Love these Aphra!!!

Melanie said...

Fabulous cards...love them!

Samantha J Designs (Wife2TJ) said...

Beautiful cards!!! :-)

Kelly Massman said...

These are great!