Monday, July 18, 2011

It's That Time Again!

CHA time, that is.  The blogs are full of amazing new products being released soon.  I have quite a long list of favorites.  BUT . . . before I allow myself to purchase a little lot of new scrappy supplies, I need to make a little room.  Good news for some of my scrappy friends who live nearby.  There are some bags with your names on them.  However, there are some paper lines that I just had to use one last time.  Today, I have a card made with one of my faves.

Be Mine


This card was made with Pebbles' Twitterpated.  I didn't have very much of this line left, mostly scraps.  I had saved all the little barcode strips,though, because they had patterns on the back.  Too neat!  And that is how the idea for this card was born.


I used my Cricut Expression and Plantin Schoolbook cartridge to cut a 3.75" heart from white cardstock.  Behind it, I added the barcode strips to a piece of brown patterned paper and then used foam adhesive to add the white heart on top.  LOVE the dimension it gave to my card.  A couple of stickers and a threaded button and all done.  Super easy, but oh so cute!

Now that I have made a little extra room in my Pebbles vertical paper holder, I can order this new line called Fresh Goods.  Yikes!  This one is CA-UTE!






Oh my stars . . . did you see the barcode strips on this one?  Sweet!

2 comments:

L.B. said...

if onlymaking one card allowed me enough room to buy more paper..if only my husband agred that is. Wat a fun card so bright.

June Houck said...

You are so clever! I never thought to use them. I made a card just like this one in February, but I used ribbon instead of bar code strips. I love this idea!