Friday, July 29, 2011

Little Birdie Gift Bag

Summer is a time for birthdays in my family.  We have breen celebrating since June, and we aren't quite finished yet.  One more to go this weekend.  So today, I thought I'd share the sweet little gift bag I made.  Such an easy way to spruce up a simple gift.  Like a gift card . . . seems I'm giving more of those these days. 

Little Birdie Gift Bag


I love these kraft gift bags.  I buy them in a large pack in a variety of sizes and keep them on hand to make quick gift and treat bags.  It's so easy to cover the front in a little scrapbook paper and then hang a tag off the handle.  And I don't know about you, but I would feel super special receiving a homemade gift bag.

All the patterned papers are Pebbles:  one sheet from the Happy Go Lucky line combined with some scraps from the Tree House line.  All the bright colors were perfect for my project!


To add a little dimension to the bag, I created this layered flower.  To start, I "gathered" a 1" x 12" piece of patterened paper.  Then I looped it around, attached it, and glued it to a small punched circle.  Then, I used some foam adhesive to add a 2" circle and then a sticker.  Add a couple of leaves and you've got a fun flower!



All I did for my gift tag was cut it from the 12 x 12 paper it was printe on, round the corners, and add a button and some baker's twine.  It's like it was made to be a gift tag.  Sweet!

Thanks for popping in.  I'm off to stuff this bag and get ready to celebrate!  Have a great weekend.


6 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Very cute! And so brightly colored and cheerful! :)

Sandie Bagger said...

Oh how stinkin' cute is this little bag. I love visiting your blog because it's always so inspirational. Definitely a fan! And how nice to see you using Pebbles, I've loved their products for a long time.

Annette said...

very very cute...
Love it..

Diane said...

You and these papers are a perfect match-bright and beautiful;) Love the bag!

Beth Hallgren said...

This is sooo cute! I wish I had half of your creativity :)

Melanie said...

Love this bag! Too cute!