Friday, July 15, 2011

My FAVORITE!

Today I wanted to share my favorite Cricut Circle project that I've created so far.  (To learn more about joining the Circle, go HERE.)  This one uses My Mind's Eye Stella and Rose papers and brads and my Cricut Expression, of course. 

Brighter


These photos were taken at the beach last summer.  I think that's the one place my family slows down enough to take some group shots, and I cherish them all year. 



To create the sun, seagulls, pelican, grasses, and buoys, I used the Life's A Beach cartridge.  Being from Louisiana, I especially love the pelican cut.  In fact, that summer we saw a huge bird similar to a pelican at the water's edge at sunset.  Gorgeous! 


The title is a combination of letters and shadows from Plantin Schoolbook and mini alphabet stickers from My Little Shoebox.  To finish it off, I added some buttons, brads, and different colored twines.

So, what are you creating with the Cricut these days?  I'd sure like to have a peek.

Have a great day!

8 comments:

Kristal said...

Just wanted to say how much I love this layout. Great colors and all. TFS

Rebecca said...

I love the papers you use for your cuts. The texty pelican and the swirly sun....fabulous. Are these patterned papers or did you stamp the cuts? Either way, I love your work. Especially love the bent seagulls wings to look like they are flapping. Such attention to detail! =)

L.B. said...

Just beautiful. Love the colors and layout.

Alicat said...

Love the dimensions...Love it!

Nick said...

Oh, this is just awsame love everything about it. TFS I get so much inspiration from you. Thanks a lot.

Lizzyc said...

gorgeous.. i love seeing what you come up with with your cricut!

joeygirl86 said...

Oh wow this is wonderful! I love all the hidden details on this page! Great job! I've created a few cards and layouts recently with my cricut I'd love for you to stop

by...scrap-making.blogspot.com

erin yamabe said...

love your BRIGHT fun style...and here all things just POP! love it, Aphra! great job!