Friday, July 1, 2011

Stars & Stripes Forever

Happy Friday friends!  I have big plans for this weekend . . . a trip to my favorite scrappy store Create 365 in Lafayette, a visit from my in-laws, and a big July 4th BBQ.  But before I start the festivities, I thought I'd share with you a sweet patriotic layout using My Mind's Eye American Made collection.  Oh, and if you like it, you can join us tonight at Create 365 from 5:00 to 7:00 for this month's Inspiration Launch where we'll be making and taking this layout.  For free!

Stars & Stripes Forever


I LOVE these 2" paper strips.  I first saw them on an Allison Davis layout at Sketch Support and then on a couple of my friend Frances's layouts.  Just knew I had to give it a try.  I love that it allows so many different patterns on a layout while still maintaining a clean look.  I will be doing this again.  And maybe again.  LOL


And these stars.  Mmmmm . . . so much dimension and yet so easy.  These I learned how to make from Jana Eubank, and I've been making them pretty regularly ever since.


Alright, that's all fo rme today.  If I'm not back before Monday, then I'd like to wish all of you a safe and festive Fourth of July!!!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

what a great page!!! I love the strips of paper and those stars!! Think I may have to make some!!! Have a fun weekend!

Diane said...

I would love to come and wish I lived close enough to do it!! The layout is fabulous...I adore bright and bold papers!!

Diana Waite said...

ooh! this is FAbULOUS! Love the stars!!

Beth Hallgren said...

I would love to learn how to make those stars(hint,hint) :}

Mrs. Green said...

Love those strips of paper! I struggle with choosing patterns that go well together without being too loud. This may help!