Sunday, August 21, 2011

A Few Disney Pics

Well, we've been home from Disney for a week now, and I thinnk I've finally recuperated.  Walking around for eight to nine hours a day in hot, humid weather sure wears a girl out.  LOL!  It was worth it, though.  We had an amazing time.  And my family and friends have been asking to see some pictures.  Here's a few, fresh from the camera, no editing.


How cool, hun?  This towel art was waiting for us on our bed when we first arrived.  We stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.  I highly recommend it!


 

Upon check-in, the hotel gave each of the boys a First Time Visitor badge and gave Jonathan a Happy Birthday badge (his birthday is actually next month, but close enough).  They put the badges on and were ready to go to the park.


This is one of about twenty pictures that I took of the Tree of Life.  It was pretty amazing!


My kiddos had a blast banging on the drums at Animal Kingdom.  The faces that they made cracked me up.  I have enough photos for a double-page layout on just the drumming.  LOL!


Decked out Disney style!  They both had to have a hat.  Of course, Jonathan was a bit too old (so he says) for the Mickey ears.  He got a baseball cap and pin lanyard instead.  He had soooo much fun trading pins with all the park staffers.  That's another layout in the future.

Awww . . . sweet, hun?  Ethan LOVED all the characters.  We got to meet all the Winnie the Pooh characters at lunch at Crystal Palace.  And then we met all the classic Disney characters in Epcot.  All those pictures are just as sweet as this one.


And this is my favorite photo.  At the end of our day in Magic Kingdom, we sat right in front of Cinderella's castle to watch the parade.  The castle changed colors the entire time.  Amazing!  And a great way to end the evening.

Well, that's just a  few of the over 500 photos that I took.  That's a LOT of photos to edit and scrap.  LOL!  Maybe I'll get them done before we go again.

Have a great day!


6 comments:

L.B. said...

I totally udnerstand the number of photos. It is magical there. So looking forward to yoour projects with these and more.

Wendy Crowe said...

For as many times as I have been to Disney, I still manage to take hundreds of pictures each time! So glad you had a wonderful time! I'm counting down the days till we can go back...I'll live vicariously through your pictures! Can't wait to see your layouts. :)

Michelle said...

Isn't DW just so much fun??!! We LOVE it!! Yes, the towel art they do in all of their resorts is so fun. Housekeeping would put new ones in our windows everyday. We actually brought a few home. ;) My kids have ears and Brit also had a blast with the pin trading. Your boys remind me of Ben drumming on the drums!!! LOL I am so so glad you all had such a good time!!! We want to go back. I can't wait to see all of your fun LO's!!!

Kim said...

Glad you had a wonderful time. I 'm sure the boys looooved it!!!!! I can't wait to go back...makes you feel like a kid again!

hilde janbroers said...

great photos!!!

Mel said...

Wonderful photos, love the castle... that diney magic is a sight to see.