Friday, September 30, 2011

Ta Da!

Happy Friday to ya, friends! 

I am sooooo excited to finally be able to make this post.  I have finally finished organizing, reorganizing, moving, arranging, rearranging, purging, and labeling my scrapbook room.  This has been a long journey, but four rooms later, I am settled and thrilled!!!   Here's where my journey started.  A 60" x 48" half-bath turned scraproom.


Tiny, hun?  Oh, but it was cute.  It had capaccino colored walls, a brown and black countertop, and lots of bins and buckets.  Oh, and shelves all the way up to the 10' ceiling.  What it lacked, though, was good lighting and electrical outlets.  So, I moved in to the corner of my husband's office.



More shelves all the way up to the ceiling and lots of plastic!  Aside from the blue drawers, I loved it again.  But then, I fell in LOVE with a discount cabinet from Pottery Barn.  Had. To. Have. It.  So, I decided to take over the whole room.  And my super sweet husband let me.  Then, just last week, we swapped the entire room with my son's room.  He actually wanted the smaller room (Score!) so he would be cooler at night.  My husband and I were happy to trade up.  We share the room and LOVE it!  Here's the view from the door. 


This is my computer desk and work table.  I plan to add a skirt to the table (as soon as I enlist the help of someone who can actually sew) to add a little more color to the space and hide the trash can and rolling cart.


Here's a close up of my Making Memories carousel.  LOVE this.  It holds a ton of pencils, pens, and scissors. 


Ok, this might be my favorite area -- two Making Memories shelves and a giant pic of my kiddos over my Cricut shelves.  The baskets on the shelves hold my embossing folders, printer supplies, Imaginisce tools, etc.


This basket contains all my Imaginisce tools and accessories.  The top tray contains my i-Rock and the bling compacts.  Underneath it are three plastic bead boxes containing more bling, brad daddies, and glue sticks.




I use my Clip It Up to hold various 3D embelllishments and my ridiculous stash of Thickers.  I still have the first pack that I bought.  I just can't get rid of them.  Good thing the Clip It Up has so much space!


And here's the Pottery Barn cabinet that started it all.  It was designed for a child's bedroom, but the color got me.  And it holds a TON of stuff.


In the bottom left cabinet, I keep my Cricut cartridges in Art Bin boxes.  Each box holds 16 cartridges and the books and overlays.  Awesome storage find!

 


Here's my vertical paper holders.  I keep my paper stored by manufacturer in alphabetical order.  I put each line in a 12 x 12 plastic ziplock bag.  Then, it's very easy to grab a bag to take over to my table.


In the bottom center cabinet, I store metal embellishments, extra adhesive, and My Mind's Eye embellishments.  These are some of the same plastic bins and buckets that I started with.  Love that they are so versatile!


The bottom right cabinet holds my paint and stamps on the top shelf.  I'm not a big stamper, so that is plenty of room.  The bottm shelf is full of 12 x 12 Iris boxes.  I store a variety of embellishments in these. 


The top shelves of the cabinet are full of these canvas bins and totes that my husband found at Office Depot on clearance.  They hold pictures, assorted tools, extra ribbon, and card making supplies.



Thanks for stopping by today.  And I hope you enjoyed the tour of my space.  I think it's safe to say that there will be no more remodeling or reorganizing, just decorating!

13 comments:

Melinda Spinks said...

I'm totally envious of your space Aphra... you've done a wonderful job re-arranging and everything looks so beautifully neat and tidy... love it!

mustangkayla said...

No only am I envious of your space but of your stash! :-0 Its a good thing I don't live nearby you I might be knocking on your front door often! ;-) LOVE your Pottery Barn cabinet! You did a fabulous job on the room! LOVE IT!

Paisley Petals said...

Just beautiful! You did a great job with this and I can see why you fell in love with the PB piece!

THERESA said...

WOW, this looks so good!!!! I would love to come and play there, everything is just ready for, love it!!
ps:: what is a thicker??
Enjoy and lotsa luv

Cherie said...

OMG, what a great space! I could only dream about a room like that! You did a great job, and its super organized!! Thanks for sharing, cause I love it!!

Amy E said...

Beautiful space!!!! I love the PB cabinet...it just fits in beautifully with everything else! Doesn't it feel great when everything is so clean and organized!??! Too bad it doesn't stay that way...at my house, at least!

I just posted pics the other day of my craft room remodel. It took ALL summer, but it's finished!!! Go take a peek if you get a chance!!

Amy E.
scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com

Annette said...

your space is fabulous... I love your wall unit that is like a bluish green... so pretty... Thanks for sharing

Lan said...

wowsers! what an awesome room! Just love that cabinet color also...sweet score!

Kathy Martin said...

How fun to see the progression of your office....from little cubical to big time office! Enjoy! :)

Samantha J Designs (Wife2TJ) said...

Love your craftroom so pretty and organized!!! tfs :-)

Suzanne said...

So organized, and beautiful. Love your pottery barn find! Gorgeous color(;

erin said...

oh my goodness you not only have a room to yourself, but a beautifully organized one to boot! love that pb cabinet, it is gorgeous! great job, Aphra!

pagedabbler said...

Hey Aphra,

The room looks great!!! Where do you get your zip locks from I have been thinking about combining product when I go to crops I think it would be more efficient. Thanks