Tuesday, October 18, 2011

60-Minute Madness

Today at the Imaginisce blog we are featuring projects made in 60 minutes or less.  I whipped up a Christmas Advent Box.  In 60 minutes.  Really.  I was a bit surprised myself.  LOl!

Santa's Little Helper Advent Box


I picked up this kraft advent box at Hobby Lobby for $12.99, and I used my 40% off coupon, so it was a steal!  Then, I covered each 2" x 2" drawer with a piece of Santa's Little Helper patterned paper.  This step took about thirty minutes.  What helped speed things up was when I discovered about half way through that I could use a one-inch circle punch to cut out the little notch at the top of each square.


Oh. My. Gosh.  I LOVE that giant bow.  Pretty fun stuff, hun?  EASY.  I cut four 2" x 12" strips.  I looped the first two and attached them together the the folds.  Then I wrapped a 2" x 4" strip over the center.  Then I notched the other two and attached them to the bottom of the bow.  I attached it all to the top of the box and then curved the tails and attached them on the sides.






Thanks for stopping by!  Have a good day.

8 comments:

Amy Coose said...

This is amazing, Aphra! I can't believe you did it in an hour, great job!

Ro said...

So beautiful! I love the papers that you used. =)

Cynthia B. said...

I can't believe you did this in an hour! I love the giant bow too!

Diane said...

Too stinkin cute!! I've got to do one of these-thank you for sharing!

mustangkayla said...

I'm impressed you got that done in 60 minutes! It is adorable!

VICTORIA said...

Awesome and amazing great job on this i love it :)

Melanie said...

I wish I had a Hobby Lobby by me...I want to make this! I can't believe it took 1 hour!!!!

Suzanne said...

So adorable, and in one hour....you are amazing! I love it(: