Friday, October 7, 2011

BOO Frames

With the help of my Cricut, I just got my mantel all spooked up for Halloween.  I created a trio of frames to spell out Boo.  Wanna see?  Here's a shot of the entire mantel.


I made that banner three years ago, and I can't believe it's still in good shape.  I blogged about it way back HERE in 2008.  I used an old Making Memories halloween paper pad and die cut sheet and a pack of their glittered alphas.  Easy!

Anyhoo, here are some close up shots of the BOO frames.  I used Echo Park Summertime and Bella Blvd Sophisticates papers and my Cricut.




And one last shot of all three.  You wanna know why I love them?  They didn't take very long to make.  An hour and a half or so.  They didn't cost very much.  I was able to use scraps.  None of it was even Halloween paper.  And they are large (8" x 10" each) so they really fill up the space above my mantel.

You can find more details (like cartridge names and cut sizes) over at the Cricut Blog HERE.  If you decide to create some Halloween decor, I'd love to see it.  Leave me a comment with your link, so I can check it out.

See ya soon!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

This is so darn cute!!! You have such fun things to dec out your mantel. Beautiful oak surround too!!

Ali said...

Really looks GREAT Aphra! Love the smiling ghosts especially,**giggle**
Great job- the spiders rock too, IMHO. :) TYFS! :)~Ali from S: CY

Lydia said...

Great prject Aphra, Love the spiders!!

mustangkayla said...

Super cute project Aphra!