Saturday, October 22, 2011

OCTOBER Hello Thursday

This past Thursday was the release of a TON of new cartridges by ProvoCraft.  All of the new carts and a ton of sample projects were posted HERE at the official Cricut blog.  Here's one that I made using the new Go Canada cartridge.

I {Heart} Canada Card


Oh. My. Goodness.  How cute is that little beaver?  I just love his little buck teeth and that he's just waving away.  Too cute!  The cartridge also has a really cute moose head on it.  Both of those critters alone were enough reason for me to love the cartridge.


I cut the large maple leaf at 5" from a piece of Bella Blvd Sophisticates paper.  And then I cut the little beaver was cut at 4", embossed one layer with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder, and layered him up with some foam adhesive.  And finally, I cut a 2" maple leaf, added one of Imaginisce's glam rock hearts in the middle, and attached it on top of a toothpick to create a flag. 

Even though the cartridge has a lot of Canadian motifs and phrases (and I live in Louisiana), I do plan to use this cartridge.  The alphabet that comes on this one is super chunky and cute.  And, there are several motifs that would work well for scrapping some of my husband's Alaskan work photos -- an Igloo, polar bear, snow shoes, and moose.  And the maple leaf could work for many of my Fall pics.  Oh, and . . . well, you can see for yourself by checking out the cartridge at the Cricut blog HERE.

Well, happy Saturday to ya!  I'll be back Monday with another Scraptastic Kit Club layout.

3 comments:

Lydia said...

Totally awesome, I think I may need this cartridge, great card Aphra

Chelle said...

Not that I have a cricut (silhouette user) but it is nice to see something that is aimed at us Canadians eh and not just the US (ie..4th of July).
Nice card.

Diane Hodrick said...

I love this...I hope PC decides to make it available in the US. Too cute!