Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A Splashin' Good Time

Sooo happy that today is Wednesday.  I'm off of work today, I have no errands to run, and the weather is gorgeous!  I'm planning to plant some Fall plants and do a little Halloween decorating.  Fun!

Yesterday I had a layout go up over at the Pebbles blog.  Another one using Fresh Goods.  LOVE that line!  This week's theme was It's A Party, and the primary colors in the Fresh Goods line were perfect for my party pics.

Fun Birthday Splash

Awww man . . . my friend pointed out to me that I had left out my "t" in birthday.  I adjusted those letters so many times that I guess I lost that one letter.  I can't believe I didn't see that before sending it over to Pebbles.  How embarrassing!  Oh well, maybe the yellow on yellow was a good camouflage and not many people noticed.  LOL!

I just LOVE me some paper piecing.  It enables me to use whatever paper I like even if there aren't any embellishments that work with my pics.  And that's what happened here.  I freehanded some splashes and a sun.



This was such a quick and easy layout for a few reasons.  First, I scraplifted myself.  I have used this same design for a couple of layouts, so it came together quickly.  Second, these papers are so bright and colorful that I didn't feel the need to do much embellishing.  Third, big paper pieced elements filled in the white space to make it easy to finish.

I sure hope you'll pop over to the Pebbles blog and see some more fabulous Party Week layouts, cards, and projects.  Lots of inspiration there!

See you tomorrow with a sketch challenge!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I wouldn't worry about the missing letter. ;) I don't think that friend was trying to make you feel bad. It looks great no matter what! LOVE those colors and that big splash is so cool! You couldn't of picked a better line to go with your photos!!! Think I need to find somewhere that carries that whole line and load up my cart!!! :)

Cari said...

Fun fun page! I love the big splashes too!

Deanna said...

I saw this on the Pebbles blog, and Aphra, it's fantastic! It's such a eye-catching double pager! Great work!

mustangkayla said...

What a fun fun layout! LOVE the design (and want to lift it)! Love the bright cheery colors too!