Saturday, November 5, 2011

Joining Project Life

Saturday is chore day here at my house.  Sweeping, dusting, vaccuming, laundry, bathrooms.  This Saturday I also need to take down the Halloween decorations off the mantel and put up my Fall/Thanksgiving mantel decor.

And for the past few several Saturdays, I have needed to put away five buckets of layouts.  I finally got enough albums, page protectors, shelf space, and adhesive (to repair several layouts) to put them away but the pile is SO huge that I am just. NOT. motivated.  What is your system for getting layouts into albums?  How do you keep them from piling up?

I have decided, though, that I am going to try a new approach in 2012.  First, I am not going to create so many layouts.  Every single picture I take does not require an entire 12 x 12 page in an album, but I do still want to remember those moments.  So, I bought this from Amazon today.


It's the Project Life Amber Edition Core Set by Becky Higgins.  I have considered this project for the past couple of years, but thought it meant I would have to take a picture every day of the year and I know myself well enough to know that won't happen.  However, I've seen other bloggers showing how they make it work without a picture a day.  So, I am going to give it a try.  I'm hoping it will allow me to create fewer layouts while still recording whatever memories I want. 


I also bought this variety pack of 12 x 12 divided sheet protectors.  Having so many different types of pages will give me the freedom to put the album together however I like.  Sixty sheet protectors fit into an album.  Awesome!
I'm looking forward to playing around with this new system for documenting my family's memories, but I'm not letting myself open a single package until I have put away all my scrapbook pages from 2009, 2010, and 2011.  Ridiculous!

4 comments:

Robin said...

I have been dying to get this for ages, but shipping to Ireland is crazy! You have just convinced me to get it... luckily my parents will be able to ship this from Canada for me!! Merry Christmas to me and here's to more practical and doable scrapbooking in 2012!!
Robin

blueskygirl said...

I bought this kit last year. I do not do a picture a day- that would just stress me out. I put most of my pictures in the sleeves that come with the kit. But I still do layouts for big things, birthdays, Christmas etc. So I just put my layout in a 12 x12page protector and put it in the project life album chronologically. It works for me. I can get all my pics in an album while still being able to scrap and make layouts for some too. Hope you like it! For this year I am going to buy the Cobalt set that is supposed to be released in the next month or so.

mustangkayla said...

I bought Simple Stories first line for this very reason. I didn't feel every photo needed a layout. I have yet to do it though. *blush* I have, however, been doing Project 12 and absolutely LOVE it! So happy to know that at the end of the year I will have the whole year documented! :-)

Liz said...

Those page protectors are awesome! Looks like you might want to look at Simple Stories... It is so easy to put photos away :) Good for you!