Friday, November 18, 2011

Missing: Natural Tweenage Smile

Today I have three Jillibean Soup layouts to share.  And for some odd reason, all three of them are about my youngest boy.  Odd meaning that my tweenage son has forgotten how to smile.  Every time the camera is pointed anywhere near his face, he tenses up and his whole upper lip disappears.  The more I try to coach a natural smile out of him, the more contorted his face becomes.  So, unless I want to scrap pages and pages of candid soccer game pictures, I don't have that many of him to glue down right now.  In the meantime, here's some pages of my little redhead who is a total HAM and doesn't mind the camera at all.

He Melts My {Heart}




His Balloon Man



Oh my.  I. LOVE. Pennants.  So I covered this whole page in them.  Most of them were created from scraps, too.  Easy, trendy, and cute.  Can't help but love that!


First Day of Pre-K


Ok, so besides all my crooked border strips (UGH . . . gotta work on gluing stuff down straight!), did you notice the green alpha stickers?  I made my own patterned paper by adding a whole lot of random alpha stickers to some green patterned paper.  I love the tone on tone look and how it reinforces the school them of my page. And I love that it used up the rest of a sheet of alpha stickers!  Stash killer!


Jillibean Soup offers so many different styles of letters that it is really easy to create a mixed title.  And there is just something fun about a mix of fonts, textures, and colors on a title.  Fun!


Well, that is it for me today.  The kids are out of school for the next ten days, so we will be busy trying to keem them busy (read keep them from getting on our nerves).  And maybe, just maybe, the elusive tweenage smile will rear its beautiful, nautural head.  Have a good day!

10 comments:

Diana Waite said...

Just LOVE these layouts-bright and FUN!

Michelle said...

These are really fun!!! I love the colors and how you made your own patt. paper with the alphas. As for the Jonathon, this is just the beginning!! LOL It only gets worse.. or at least it did with my girls. Lacy said Brit is very tough!!! We tried ambushing her even!! LOL

Beth Hallgren said...

I'm feeling your pain! My daughter just started cooperating again but no such luck with the rotten son :)

mustangkayla said...

What fantastic layouts! LOVE your designs! Love how you mixed up alphas on the first one and the addition of the photo corner. LOVE LOVE LOVE the strips of different papers on the second one. Love how you placed the two journaling spots and title on the last one!

Christine said...

I love your layouts! And your son is adorable.

Diane said...

Could his eyes be any bluer?? I mean really, I have never seen eyes that blue without colored contacts being involved! LOL!

Amy Muffoletto said...

Love these of course. You rock the scrappy mojo. Rub some off on me. LOL. I miss you! Hey... I posted a link on the Create 365 Facebook page to these layouts. We have that paper.
Oh and P.S. Do the layouts of his contorted face. Document this phase. He will see what his face looks like and loosen up that smile! Promise it works!

Kathy Martin said...

Love these pages, Aphra! So colorful and fun!

Liz said...

They are all such fun bright pages Aphra! Love the melt my heart, especially!

...a/k/a DJScrappiness... said...

OMGosh - I love all 3 but the 2nd one is my favorite! In fact, I needed to make a wedding card tonight so I used it as my inspiration! It didn't turn out nearly as cute as your layout - mainly because I didn't get to play with bright colors like you did - but, if I ever do a layout, you can bet it will look a lot like yours (hopefully!). Love your work! tfs

Doris