Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Merry Christmas Doodlebug Shadowbox

This week at the Doodlebug blog we are sharing gift giving ideas.  I decided to create a little Merry Christmas Shadowbox using the Santa's Workshop line.  So bright and whimsical and perfect for creating a Christmas scene for my son's Pre-K teacher to display in her classroom.


Merry Christmas Shadowbox


To start, I added a piece of Bubblegum Petite Prints paper to the back of my shadowbox.  Then, I cut a large traiangle from a sheet of Teeny Toys Santa's Workshop Paper.  I draped my tree with lights, stickers from the Sweet Love Fancy Frills Sticker and Santa's Workship Fancy Frills sticker sheets.  To create my ornaments, I added some jewels and brads and a Snowflake Doodlepop for the star. 




And what Christmas scene would be complete without Santa, presents, and the reindeer?  I added some foam adhesive and popped these cardstock stickers on the edge of the frame. 


And the finishing touch is a giant paper bow on top created with two 2" x 12" strips of Candy Cane Lane paper.  The first strip, I notched at the ends and attached it to the top of the box.  With the second strip, I created a loop and attached it to the center of the first strip.  Then, I added a Poinsettia Doodle Pops sticker to the center.


This was such a fun project to create thanks to the variety of papers and embellishments in the Santa's Workshop collection.  I think Ethan's teacher will love it!

For more fun gift ideas, be sure to head over to the Doodlebug blog this week.  And who knows . . . you might just win yourself a littlesomething!


5 comments:

Marielle said...

Oh! Aphra, this is adorable !!!

Ro said...

Gorgeous shadowbox! The pink background is absolutely delicious!!

Diane said...

Ahhhhhhhhhh, I continue to drool over everything you create!!!

Tasha said...

I love this. It is so adorable. Great job

antenucci said...

Great project and love how your bow turned out!