Thursday, December 15, 2011

Our Elf Layout

We started a new holiday tradition at our house this year -- the Elf on the Shelf.  My kiddos named him Fred Finkle and they have been having a great time finding him each day, telling him their Christmas wishes, reporting on their behavior, apologizing for their slip-ups, and telling anyone who will listen about Fred's antics.  It has been such a magical time that I don't want to forgot, so I am creating a series of layouts about Fred.  Here's the first one documenting his first five hiding places.

Our Elf


I LOVE this Welcome Christmas line by Pebbles.  It has traditional colors with a bit of brown thrown in, perfect for scrapping boys, yet is fun and whimsical in its patterns.  I chose to use several of those patterns on the bottom portion of my layout. 


I created this little bow from a strip of 1" x 12" paper.  First, I created a loop from about 6" of paper.  I then added a glue dot to the center and pressed the loop together.  I used the rest of the strip to create a couple of tails and a center piece.  This gave me a place to add some toothpick flags and a dimensional sticker.  Fun!


A few lot more embellishments, and I decided to call it finished.  I had a hard time holding back.  There were just so many great stickers to choose from.  I did save a few, though, so I could create more layouts about Fred's whereabouts for the rest of the month.
Have a great day!


5 comments:

Tanya Ham said...

LOVE!!! I absolutely love those brads and the ornaments! Gotta put those on my wishlist!

Jennifer Moore said...

Too cute, Aphra! :)

Annette said...

wow very cute...love all the detail and layout..

Diane said...

I hope Fred has his eye on YOU too!

Kathy Martin said...

Adorable! Love those stockings! :)