Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Doodlebug Cards

The Doodlebug Design Team was fortunate to work with a Becky Fleck sketch for this month's Doodle Cards.  I created a couple of cards with the same sketch but they have a totally different look.  What do you think?

Love Card


This 3D heart is SUPER easy.  I punched out five hearts, folded them in half, and then glued them together.  If you don't have a heart punch, you could use a die cut machine or freehand them.  Remember doing that in grade school?  Fold your paper in half, draw the heart, and cut.  Fun times!


Sweet Card


This one was inspired by the strawberry Doodle Pops sticker.  Too cute!  To create the sentiment, I cut apart one of the little flag stickers and tucked the edge of it under the leaves. 


You can see the sketch HERE at the Doodlebug blog and you can find out the details about submitting your card.  We'd love to have you play along!


9 comments:

Melinda Spinks said...

Aphra you are the queen of hearts... just adore you card and the little multi-layered heart. :)

Kristal said...

I love the multi-layered card, it reminds me of a hot air balloon! TFS

Annette said...

super cute cards...love the layered heart...too cute

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Great cards, jsut in time for Valentines day. TFS

Jodi said...

Aphra!! Love these cards!! They are super sweet!

julandmatt said...

aphra,
Hello, I've been viewing your blog for awhile now. I must tell you I LOVE your colorful simple layouts. You've inspired several layouts and cards. One of these days I should scan them and show you.

Thanks for being so inspirational!
Julie

Diana Waite said...

CUTE cards!

Kathy Martin said...

Darling cards! Love your heart!

sarah said...

cuuuuuute card! :)great colors.

hugs,
sarah.