Monday, January 16, 2012

Project Life: Week Two

Yesterday, I completed my second spread for my Project Life album.  It was an absolute delight to scrapbook just for me, no assignment or deadline, no specific papers or embellishments to work with.  I had a great time digging through all my bins and boxes looking for stickers, die cuts, and punches.  Here's what I came up with.


I noticed that a couple of my pictures had the same green color in them as the green in some of the Core Kit cards, so I went with a green, yellow, and red color scheme.  I may not be so matchy, matchy every week, but that's part of the fun.  Just letting myself play!


I found an apple chipboard circle to add to the title card to represent this week's school theme. I need to go back and add a title, maybe something like All About School. Still thinking on that one.


 

I have a mini stapler in my Project Life bucket after seeing lots of staples in other people's albums.  Love that extra bit of texture that a staple adds.  In fact, I'm ordering Tim Holtz's Tiny Attacher to use for this project.  Eeek!!!  Can't wait for that to show up.



A yellow snowflake?  How about that, hun?  I wanted a bright pop of color there, so why not.  Hee hee!  I have found that punches are a great tool for adding quick, flat embellishments. 


My favorite find for this page was this candy jar sticker.  It was in an Echo Park collection pack, and it was perfect to accompany journaling about my son getting a huge bag of gumballs in the mail.  I also like that it took up the entire journaling card . . . I love bold, bright graphic elements.  Score!


Well, that's Week Two.  My kiddos have already poured over every detail of the page.  They LOVE that this album contains an entire week's worth of moments and that they can look at it right away.  And for me that's even more inspiration to keep at it! 

Have a happy Monday!


6 comments:

blueskygirl said...

Hi Aphra!
I love how you are thinking outside the box. I would never put stickers or embellishments on the journaling cards- but I will now. I love the personalization of your cards. BTW I sent the link to these pages to Becky Higgins. She is always interested in seeing how people use her product in different ways!
Molly

sherryann (aka Sherry Eckblad) said...

What a great layout for Week 2. I am enjoying seeing everyone's project life postings. I haven't gotten to the point where I want to share, but glad that others are.
I see lots of people do there assembly at the end of the week. I am doing mine on a daily basis, but might have to rethink that idea.

Tanya Ham said...

Super cute! Love the colors, and all those rounded edges. That just really does 'something' for it! :) Great job!

Michelle Lanning said...

Looks great girl! I am so much more relaxed scrapping this way! Can't wait to see what else you have in store!

Diana Waite said...

this is just WONDERFUL--love all the bright colors!

Anonymous said...

Looks great. I have a question though: are the staples archival? Not sure if that is the word I should use. I want to use staples but worry about them rusting or something with humidity in air over time.... Any thoughts on this?