Friday, February 24, 2012

Game ON!

Yesterday was the first day of Spring soccer season here at my house. My oldest had practice at 5:15. The younger one has practice today at 5:30, and then we have three back-to-back games on Saturday. I've bought the Gatorade and snacks, put the blanket and chairs in the SUV, and laid out my soccer mom clothes. Bring it! Ha ha!

In honor of the season, I thought I'd share a couple of soccer layouts today. First up is my oldest using Jillibean Soup's NEW Game Day Chili papers. Bright colors on kraft with lots of fun sports icons.

All Star Soccer Goalie






And next I have a double-page layout about my youngest's first season, which wasn't quite so all star.  He's just four and isn't really that interested in the game.  He plays for a few minutes, kicks the ball a couple of times, and then he feels like he did his job and should be allowed to sit the bench and eat his snack.  After a little threatening encouraging, he goes back out on the field and picks grass, runs around with his arms inside his shirt, and takes a seat on the circle.  Good times!  When I asked him why he doesn't do better in soccer, here's what he said, "Mom, you know that's a lot of running to never get the ball, right?  Those other two boys always get the ball, and they are doing a good job."  Well, can't argue with that logic, can ya?

This page was created with the Pink Paislee Vintage Vogue that came in my February ScrapRoom Flavors of the Month kit.  Since that line wasn't really intended for a sports layout, I had to get creative with the embellishing.  I cut triangles for the title banner and used my Cricut to cut a couple of soccer balls.

Soccer 





These pictures still crack me up.  Did you see the one where his dad has had enough and is carrying hime off the field like a sack?  Oh wait, and what about the one where he made himself into a worm by crawling into the bag for my chair?  Four-year-olds . . . they are fun!

Anyhoo, this layout was actually my Recipe Card layout for The ScrapRoom.  We create step-by-step instructions for each of the six kits offered each month, and these recipes are free to subscribing members.  Such a great resource if you are new to scrapping or if you don't have a lot of time to design a page.

Well, thanks for stopping by today!  And thanks especially for all of your sweet comments.  Totally makes my day when you leave me a little love.  Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

Becky W said...

Thanks so much for the soccer inspiration! My boys start playing again in a couple of weeks so hopefully this will motivate me to catch up on past seasons ;)

Kathy Martin said...

S C O R E! What awesome sport pages!!!! :)

Diana Waite said...

I SO can TOTALLY relate! Last week was our first weekend of soccer....cracks me up--that's a lot of running to not get the ball...must be a defender... GREAT layouts!!

Tanya Ham said...

Awesome layouts, as always! You always inspire me, thank you!!! :)

Michelle said...

Great pages!!! I have some of Laura's old soccer pics left to scrap! :o Lots of inspiration here to get those done. LOVE LOVE the photos of Ethan. The pouty one and the others you mentioned. You captured his soccer season so well. :)

Cynthia B. said...

These pages are awesome! As a soccer mom and a soccer wife, I know how hard it can be to do sports page after page, and yours are stellar. And - I clearly remember the days of bribery for my 4yo soccer players! :) Cute cute photos of the team cheer...and yes, even the pouty face and the dad-carrying-the-kid-off-the-field pics are cute! Thanks for sharing your fun layouts!

scrappymo! said...

Great sports pages. I became a follower a while back, just for your sports pages. I am hopeless at designing sports layouts and need all the inspiration I can get.
Bravo!

Michelle said...

I had to share this with my hubby. :) Brit said Ethan is just adorable. Hubby got a great chuckle at your commentary about "encouraging" him to play. He also loved all the photos. :) Being carried off the field is just classic. I love it.

Beth Hallgren said...

How could you be angry with that adorable face :) Your oldest is getting so tall!

Just seeing the green grass makes me wish I was sitting on the soccer field too!

Liz said...

Wow! You have done soccer a great service with these pages! Love the Jillibean Soup one especially :)