Thursday, February 9, 2012

He Loves Dirt

Hello scrappy peeps!  Hope you are having a great day.  The weekend is almost here, and I am soooo glad.  The rain has finally stopped and I might be able to take my boys outside.  To run and yell and get dirty.  Speaking of getting dirty, today I'd like to share a layout that I created for the Pebbles blog all about my little one's love of dirt.

He Loves Dirt



Our assignment this week was "All About Love."  Since I had already done several traditional love layouts recently, I decided to challenge myself to use the new Pebbles With Love collection in a non-traditional way.  The paper is just too cute to be ignored.  Ha!  Sooooo, when I ran across this photo of my boy hapily collecting rocks and digging in the dirt, I decided I could make it work.

To really empasize my son's baby blues, I created a sunburst effect with the patterned papers.  Pretty fun, hun?  And with so many patterns on the page, I didn't need very many embellishments.  I added an envelope and then a grouping of tags, stickers, flags, and butterflies.  Done!

Thanks for stopping by today.  See you soon!


3 comments:

THE HOOSIER STAMPER said...

Awe, how adorable and those gorgeous blue eyes! Reminds me of my grandson..I have a scrapbook page where he's playing in the dirt, and he was upset because another little boy was as he said "messing up my dirt pile" :O) Hugs! Leah Ann

Diana Waite said...

okay this layout just makes me smile! LOVED it the first time I saw it!

Diane said...

The sunburst effect along with the angle the picture is taken from is out of this world awesome!! You are so talented!