Saturday, February 4, 2012

Valentine's Mantel

I mentioned earlier this week that I had been adding some Valentine touches to my house. Well, I finally finished, and I am just dying to share.  Ta daaa!!!


The mirror was a new purchase, 50% off at Hobby Lobby.  I have been waiting for the mirrors to go on sale while my husband was home (they are CRAZY heavy) for a while.  Well, the stars aligned last week, and I got my mirror.  Yayy!!!


I created the LOVE frame using my Cricut Expression, the new Letter Envy font, a My Mind's Eye 6 x 6 paper pad, cardstock, and an old 12 x 12 frame.  As for the little Be Mine wooden block, I found it at Target's Dollar Spot. 


Have you seen all the cute subway art floating around the internet?  SO easy for decorating.  This one came from Eighteen 25.  And the best part?  FREE!  But my favorite part of the whole mantel might just be the sweet pink bird.  He was $2.59 from Target.  I just couldn't pass him up.  In fact, I went back to see if I could get a second one.  Ya know, love birds.  No such luck.  Oh well, still cute.


I couldn't pass up the opportunity to add a banner, so I used the rest of the My Mind's Eye paper pad to cut out several 4" x 6" pennants.  Then I added a couple of hearts that I cut with my Cricut.  I finished them off with buttons tied with baker's twine.  Simple.  Which is what I'm all about these days.


And lastly, I found this heart wreath at Target.  I used a suction cup hook to add it to the mirror.  The ribbon gives the illusion that it's hung, but I couldn't quite figure out how to really hang it.  LOL! 

I can't believe how easy (and inexpensively) this mantel came together.  Such fun, too!  I've already pinned a bunch of ideas for decorating for St. Patrick's Day and Easter.  Do you decorate your house for the holidays?  If so, I'd love to see.  I'm always on the lookout for cute ideas. 

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

L.B. said...

You have been busy...this looks so great..now if only I had a mantel...

Elizabeth said...

What a great looking mantel!! I wished I had one too!!!
e.

Becky said...

Beautiful! I love how you put it all together! Having serious mantel envy. :)

Gregsgirl's crafty corner said...

Aphra - such beautiful projects, TFS
Lindsey