Monday, March 12, 2012

Some Soup Stash

Hello Monday!  And hello scrappy friends!  I had a nice relaxing weekend and am ready for a new week.  Daylight savings time is a welcome change.  Now when we finish with soccer practice, it won't be dark.  Nice!  Anyhoo, I just wanted to pop in to quickly share a couple of my latest Jillibean Soup projects that went up on the blog last week.

Butterfly Banner


I created this Spring-ish, Easter-y banner to hang on my mantel.  All the yellow papers in my Jillibean stash were just calling my name!  I kept it pretty simple.  Pennant shapes from kraft.  Hand cut butterflies and felt flowers.  A piece of striped paper.  Twine.  



All Fun and Games


This layout is a hodge podge of various Jillibean papers that I have had in my stash for a while.  When I received the new papers, I decided that I needed to use up some of the ones I'd been hoarding holding onto for a while.  As you can see, I just grabbed a bunch of papers that coordinated with the blanket in the picture.


For the stars, I used my Martha Stewart Anywhere Star Punch.  Each one is topped with a 3/4" circle, Jillibean button, and baker's twine.  I didn't need too many embellishments with the awesome corrugated alphas.  LOVE that there's two different fonts of those!


Thanks for stopping by.  I hope I've inspired you to use up some stash.

Alright then, off to start my week.  Besides the usual work and soccer -- I have some new recipes to try, a renewed dedication to getting some exercise, and a couple of scrappy projects to complete.  


4 comments:

Tanya Ham said...

Love these projects! I'm tempted to scraplift another layout from you now!! :)

Michelle said...

These are completely adorable, Aphra! I have some of the papers you used on your LO. I need to dig them out. :) Have a great week and let me know how the new recipes are. ;)

scrappymo! said...

Great layout...I find boy layouts harder to do and this one is going into my scraplift idea bank!
Ps I pinned the embellishment cluster picture. Hope that is OK with you. It does not show the kids faces in any way so I thought it was all right. If not, just let me know and I will delete it.

Diana Waite said...

absolutely LOVELY creations!!