Friday, April 6, 2012

Foto Friday: Natchitoches

My friend Michelle posted a Foto Friday on her blog today, and I liked it so much that I thought I'd do the same.  So here are a few pictures to summarize our week.


On Sunday, the boys enjoyed the weather in Nana's backyard while I played around with Instagram on my iPhone.  This was my favorite shot of the day.  




On Tuesday, we toured Oakland Plantation in Natchitoches.  My boys actually listened to the tour guide and learned a lot about the house and its time period.  



After touring the plantation, we headed over to Fort St Jean Batiste.  Ethan was more interested in the carpenter bees and the tour guide's hat than he was hearing about the fort.  Ha!



Yesterday we did some Lego math.  Ethan did a great job of putting together the legos to match the problem, but he still didn't quite understand the concept of math.  He still says 3 + 1 = 31, which led to an argument between he and his overly precise older brother which led to mom putting it all away.

Well, I'm off to enjoy the day with my two fellas.  Happy Good Friday to you and yours!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I love your photos!!! LOVE that house and the big porch! I need to take Ben to Fort Snelling in Minneapolis. I brought Brit there when she was little. I think he would enjoy the reenactments. So funny about Ethan and the bees. Maybe that is why he wanted to catch bees yesterday? :D Happy, happy Easter to you all!!!