Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Rule No. Fifty-Seven

Hi friends!  We are on Spring Break here at my house, and we are loving it!  Time outside, scrapping, movies, road trips, scrapping, a little cleaning/organizing, the park, scrapping, snow cones.  Oh, and did I mention scrapping?  Ok, maybe once or twice, hun?  I'm just so excited to not have to set the alarm clock this week since I stay up after the kids go to bed to scrapbook.  So basically, I'm hanging with the kids during the day and then playing with paper at night.  And I'm loving every minute of it.

Anyhoo . . . today I want to share one product of my late night scrapping parties.  This one is for Pebbles and went up on the blog yesterday.

All About Eggs


I chose the new Country Picnic collection for this page.  The floral patterns and pastel colors reminded me of Easter.  And although my pictures don't exactly match, I think they work because of all the green and the pops of pink in the flowers and eggs and the pop of coral in my son's hair.  That's Rule #57 for Using Pink on Boy Pages by the way.  Ha, ha!


I needed some small letters to complete my title, so I made a tiny little banner by printing out the letters on my computer and then cutting each one into a pennant shape and adhering them on top of some twine.  I love banners and mixed titles, so this made me happy.


Right now, I have a little infatuation with my butterfly punches.  I had put them away when Fall scrapping rolled around but now that it's Spring, I am using them on just about every project.  These two are both Martha Stewart -- the small one is the Classic and the larger one is the Anywhere Punch.  And since the butterflies are a bit small, I add a circle underneath.  Gives them more presence.  Adds another color and pattern.  Works for me!


And finally, I had to find a place for these Layered Paper flowers.  Too cute!  The buttons were bare, so I just tied a bow with some twine and used a glue dot to add them on top.  Now they look finished.  Phew . . .

Be sure to pop over to the Pebbles Blog this week to see all the fun Easter projects that the design team came up with.  Have a great day!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I like Rule #57!! :) Glad you are enjoying your scrappy party at night and time with the boys during the day. BTW... did you send your storm up to me from yesterday?? LOL It was a doozy up here last night.

Liz said...

Enjoy the time Aphra! You deserve a break :)

Diana Waite said...

enjoy the break--CUTE page!

Tamika said...

Your layout is great. I love the design and how you tied everything in to the photos, awesome!