Monday, May 14, 2012

TSR Recipe Card

I realized that I never shared my ScrapRoom recipe card layout.  Since the month is flying by, I thought I'd better go ahead and post it before it's time to post my June layouts.

I was assigned the SEI Field Notes line.  At first, I was really intimidated by the mustard cardstock that came in the kit.  Like, pouted for a couple of days didn't want to use that color intimidated.  I just knew that I wouldn't be able to create a layout that I liked unless I was able to use white or cream or kraft or black. Finally, I just had a chat with myself about getting out of my box and trying new things.  And here's what I created.

Nature's Classroom


The floral pattern and the butterflies immediately made me dig out some outdoor pictures.  These had a lot of blue in them, which provided a nice contrast to the mustard.


I really wanted the pretty butterflies to show up, so i mounted them on circles of the periodic table paper, a nice neutral pattern in the midst of so much business.  A nice side effect was that this paper also inspired the title. By using the word "classroom," I felt that it made the periodic chart seem appropriate.


Remember that members of TSR can download the step-by-step directions for this layout in addition to the rest of the Recipe Card layouts.  Check it out HERE.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

VikkiB said...

This is beautiful Aphra and is still very 'you' even with the mustard card stock! Thanks.