Saturday, June 30, 2012

How many clicks does it take?


Back in April, I was assigned to create a layout using outtakes for Cricut Circle Magazine.  I immediately thought of my kiddos at the beach.  Every year I dress us up in coordinating outfits and parade us out to the dunes at dusk and proceed to snap TONS of pictures in an effort to get at least one good shot of everyone.  My kids roll around in the sand, make sand angels, stick out their tongues, put up the rabbit ears.  Ya know, everything but smile and look at the camera.  After a few threats encouraging words, I usually get a good shot.

How Many Clicks Does It Take?


I used Cricut Craft Room and a slew of cartridges on this one:  Movie Night Digital, Creative Memories Traveler, Close to My Heart Art Philosophy, Create A Critter, Cindy Loo, and Cursive 101. I might have gotten a little carried away, but CCR makes it so easy to design with multiple cartridges.


This film strip cut was my favorite part of the layout.  It's part of the Movie Night CCR Exclusive Digital cartridge.  I stretched it a bit and added pictures and patterned paper behind it.  SO easy, and I just love that look!



I was very impressed with the detailed cutwork on the Cursive 101 font.  I will definitely be using that font more often!

Have a happy Saturday! We're going to try to make the best of our day despite the unbearable heat outside.  Sounds like a good day for crafts, right?  

7 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Wonderful layout. I have never used CCR but love the fonts on your yellow title.

Kathy Martin said...

This is SENSATIONAL, Aphra! Love the film strips and the title work!

Beth Hallgren said...

That filmstrip is so cute! I have to learn how to use Craft room!

Jennifer Moore said...

Oh Aphra, I am so glad my boys aren't the only ones who behave like that when it's picture time! Don't they know we gotta have these pics to scrap?!?! LOL

Michelle said...

Gosh, I think Ben and Ethan would be the best of friends. They both are such hams!!! I have plenty of these kinds of photos too. :) We know all about the ones I get from Brit. Ha! I love the page and all the cricut cuts and the title!!!

Melinda Spinks said...

Aphra, I had to giggle over your layout... it's so reminiscent of my kids and trying to get good photos - hardly ever happens. :)
The layout is just beautiful!!

Pam said...

LOVE this LO Aphra!! I so wish for inspiration to use my Cricut & Gypsy...(sigh...)