Saturday, June 23, 2012

ScrapRoom June Page Starter Version 2

We have a new feature over at The ScrapRoom.  Each month, we'll offer up a Page Starter, which is the beginning of a scrapbook page.  Patterned paper only.  We'll challenge you to finish the page and show you an example or two of what we came up with. Here's my second example with the June Page Starter.


Swim Lessons


For this layout, I used the Fancy Pants Summer Soul Page Kit that came in the June Double Shot. I also made a couple of changes to the formula. First, I turned the large 5.5" circle into a sun by adding 1" and 2" notched paper strips for the rays. LOVE the whimsical feel it adds to the layout! Secondly, I used four 2" x 3" photos instead of two 4" x 6".  


I originally wanted to curve my title around the edge of the circle, but it didn't really look good with the rays behind it.  Oh well . . . I'll have to come back to that idea.  The blue Thickers are from my stash and the October Afternoon Orange Mini Market alphabet stickers came in the May Venti kit.


My embellishment cluster consists of two surfboards cut from the Fancy Pants Beach Towel patterned paper, three Fancy Pants Elements stickers, a Fancy Pants button, and some Doodle Twine. With the help of some pop dots and clear dimensional dots, I was able to give the cluster a little dimension.


You still have plenty of time to join in on our June Page Starter Challenge. You can see all the details and link up your take HERE at The ScrapRoom Blog.

Thanks for coming by today!  See ya soon.  TSR sneaks begin on Monday!!!


5 comments:

mustangkayla said...

What a fantastic layout Aphra! Love the design, the colors, everything! That sun ROCKS!

scrappymo! said...

Great layout. Love the colours and embellishments!

Pamela said...

Love this!!! :)

Anelsie said...

This layout is adorable!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Catherine1216 said...

Great design. I love your blog.