Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Doodlebug and Scor-Pal Pool Party Invitation


This week is Scor-Pal Week on the Doodlebug Blog.  We'll be sharing tons of ideas for using your Scor-Pal with your Doodlebug products.  I've had a little sneak, and let me just say, it's a great combination!

For my project, I created a pool party invitation using the Scor-Buddy and Doodlebug's Hello Spring Collection.


To create the flip flops, I downloaded THIS template and then cut them out of pink polka dot paper.  I used green dotted swiss ribbon for the straps and then topped them off with an accordion flower that was scored at 1/4".  You can find a good tutorial for the accordion flower HERE.  Rather than simply folding your paper, you will use the Scor-Buddy or Scor-Pal to score it first.  That is a huge timesaver and keeps your folds universal.


Doodlebug's Limeade Boutique Buttons were a perfect finish for the flowers.  And for some more whimsy, I added some Bumblebee Doodle Twine.


For some more texture on my card, I used the Scor-Buddy to create a diamond pattern on a piece of white paper.  I scored diagonal lines at 1/2" intervals and then cut the cardstock down to size.


And then to finish off the invitation, I added a Multi-Colored You're Invited Doodles Cardstock Sticker.  

Be sure to check out the Doodlebug Blog because there will be a couple of GIVEAWAYS.  Winners will be announced Friday!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great week.

4 comments:

L.B. said...

These invites are so fun and bright! Never thought of using scoring for decor.

Kim T said...

oh my goodness, APHRA! this is just ADORABLE!!!

Jojorenee said...

Alphra this is so cute your flip flop invite! My daughter loves them in all colors!

Flourish With A Vintage Flair said...

I am "Flipping" over this invite!!! So cute, and absolutely adorable! Thank you for sharing!!!