Saturday, August 4, 2012

TSR August Sketch


Happy Saturday to ya!  Are you going to get some scrappy time this weekend?  If so, I have a sketch for ya.  It's the ScrapRoom's August sketch.


Here's my page.  I changed the sketch a little.  Instead of the three horizontal 2x3" photos, I used one vertical 4x6" photo.  The other change I made was not using the horizontal paper strip behind the pictures.  I didn't think one more pattern would work on my page.


For the large butterflies, I covered a piece of scrap white cardstock in strips of washi tape and then used my Sizzix die cut machine to punch out butterflies.  I was so easy!  I plan to use this technique again.  Maybe for stars next time.



This sketch challenge closes on Friday, August 31st.  Be sure to link up at this TSR blog post to be eligible for a $10 gift certificate to the store.  There's a TON of washi tape available in case you want to  die cut a few butterflies.  Happy scrapping!

3 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Very nice take on this sketch. The wooden accents over the washi butterflies are really cute.

Diana Waite said...

BEAUTIFULLY done--GREAT bright colors and great take on this sketch!

paperANDi - Stephanie said...

This is beautiful Aohra! Love all your projects- keep on inspiring! :) God bless you!

-Stephanie
http://www.paperandi.blogspot.com