Saturday, December 29, 2012

Project Life: Renewed and Recommitted

About this time last year, I received my Project Life Amber Edition kit in the mail.  As soon as January started, I jumped right in snapping pictures and creating weekly spreads.  And then I shared them online and with my family and friends.  Here's a couple of spreads from way back when.

Week Two


Week Three


And then other scrappy obligations started piling up, and I just couldn't keep up.  I set Project Life aside unsure of where I would go with it.  I thought maybe I'd just restart it in 2013.  After going back to teaching in August, I found that I was scrapbooking even less so the simplicity of Project Life started calling to me again.  The idea of fewer products and albums and layouts stacking up was exactly the jumpstart that I needed.

And why ditch the whole project just because I'm so behind?  I've always been behind in scrapping my pictures, so why should Project Life be any different.  Simple thought, but for some reason . . . enlightening.  I decided that I would continue with my 2012 album right from where I left off.  I went to Pinterest for some inspiration and jumped right back in.  

Week Four


Since this will now be my main form of scrapbooking, I decided to venture away from the Amber Core Kit that I bought last year and use up some of those scrapping supplies that have been piling up for a while.  So excited about that part!  For this one, I used My Mind's Eye Kraft Funday.  It had all the colors in my photos. 




Those chipboard alphas are so old.  Pink Paislee Weathered Wood 365 Degrees.  Love them!!!


Ok, I think I've used that maple leaf punch like twice in the ten years that I've owned it.  If it weren't such a small punch, I probably would've gotten rid of it long ago.  Glad I didn't.


This 6x4 slot might just be my favorite.  I used my Silhouette Cameo (an awesome new toy I got for Christmas) to cut the shape out of butter colored cardstock and then backed it with patterned paper.  So fun!  I've got a slew of new cuts just waiting to be used in my Project Life album.

I am renewed and recommitted to finishing my 2012 Project Life album.  Right from where I am.  And since I'm almost a year behind, all the upcoming 2013 blog posts and pins will just encourage me to keep going.  

What about you?  Did you finish your PL 2012?  Did you fizzle?  Are you going to pick it back up?  Did you do a major catch up?  Share your tips and tricks.  I'd love to know how you've kept up or caught up.

Happy Scrappin'!!

4 comments:

JennyKozar said...

Good for you! Love what you have done so far.

Michelle said...

So good that you started back up! I am loving your new pages. I see that Cameo made it out of the box. ;) I found a bunch of PL cuts that I think I am going to try and incorporate into my regular pages.

Monique Liedtke said...

Yay! this is just what I need, someone else who's just as behind as I am! I'm stuck at week 10 and thinking will I go on or just give it up (my stepdad passed away in the Spring - as you may remember - and I can't decide do I want to include that period or don't I)but now that I've read your blogpost I think I can do it! So, thank you so much!
Wishing you a very happy and creative 2013!!

Diane said...

Can't wait to see what all you cut with your new toy:-)