Sunday, January 6, 2013

Simply Scrappin Kit: Afternoon Daydream

Last month, I featured the Merry Moments Simply Scrappin Kit.  This month it's Afternoon Daydream. Let me explain why I LOVE these Stampin Up kits.  You get six sheets of double-sided patterened papers, eight sheets of cardstock, and three 12 x 12 sticker sheets.  All beautifully coordinated.  The quality is impeccable and the colors are just beautiful.  And, most importantly, you can make many projects from just one kit, so they are a really great value.  For today's post, I made four cards and that didn't even put a dent in the kit!

Afternoon Daydream

This 4.5" x 6" card was super quick and easy.  The most complicated part was cutting the scalloped grey sticker in half in order to add it to both sides of my white cardstock strip.  The flower is just five stacked stickers with a Designer Button Subtles Collection on top.  I finished off the flower with some Early Espresso Baker's Twine.  The three thanks stamp came is from the Pretty Postage Stamp Set.

Three Thanks



This next card features the Bitty Butterfly Punch.  I placed nine butterflies in a grid pattern, added a Basic Rhinestone Jewel Accent to the center of each butterfly, and finished off the card with stickers and twine.  Oh, and a Basic Pearl Accent.  The thanks stamp is also from the Pretty Postage Stamp Set.  I actually stamped this tag first by only inking one sentiment.

Butterfly Thanks



For my third card, I used the Postage Stamp Punch to create a quilt of patterned papers.  To finish off the card, I layered three border stickers and three flower stickers.  Again, I added a Designer Button from the Subtles Collection and some Early Espresso Baker's Twine.  The two butterflies were topped off with a Basic Pearl Accent.

Butterfly Quilt



The final card was super easy.  Aside from adding patterned papers, a couple of border stickers, and a layered flower, I also added three patterned papers cut into pennants.  The idea was to make it look like an award ribbon.  I created a spot for a sentiment to add later.  It's nice to have some multi-purpose cards on hand.  You just never know!

Ribbon Pennants



Thanks to the Simply Scrappin Kit, these cards came together quickly in about an hour and I still have tons of product left.  I'm hoping to put together a scrapbook layout in the next week or so.

In the meantime, be sure to pop over to the online store by clicking on the Stampin Up label in my sidebar and check out the Valentine special.  It is beautiful!!!


See you soon!

3 comments:

Beth Hallgren said...

Gorgeous cards Aphra! Love those patterns. Stampin' Up always has the best tiny prints that coordinate with a lot of papers.

JennyKozar said...

I love all of these. Thanks for sharing.

Melinda said...

Aphra your cards are just beautiful. So glad to see you have some time for creative fun. :)