Thursday, June 27, 2013

ScrapRoom Sneak: Jillibean Soup

Hi everyone!  It's almost July 1st, which means we are sneaking kits over at The ScrapRoom.  My assignment was to use Jillibean Soup's Coconut Lime Soup.  I really like the color combination on this collection: yellow, green, turquoise, and gray.  Very trendy!

Project Life: Week 25


This layout has two different events going on.  The left side is about the week that Ethan and I spent together while Jonathan was away at camp and the right side is about our family shopping for an RV.  Since Week 25 didn't actually start until after Jonathan got back from camp, I put the title card on the right this week.  Everything on the title card came in the Flavors of the Month kit except for the turquoise chipboard parentheses (those are from my stash).

Title Card


Filler Card


How cute is that die cut?  It actually came in the kit.  SO nice not to have to break out the die cutter on this one.  And the butterflies were cut straight from one of the patterned papers.

Journal Cards


For these two journal cards, I had an epiphany.  I cut down two of my Project Life journaling cards to fit onto the top of two patterned paper cards.  Ok, now I know that isn't anything major, but I loved that I could still include a variety of patterns and have room to journal.  Oh, and how about that family sticker?  Yes!  It's a sticker.  You get an entire pack of Jillibean Soup Wise Words stickers in this kit.  There are SIX words total in the pack.  Again, so nice not to have to break out the die cutter!


Filler Card


NOT loving this card here.  Plain.  I had just run out of ideas by the time I got to this card.  Nothing I tried to add seemed right, so I added another Jillibean die cut.  I'm thinking I might go change it.  Any suggestions?  I'm open!!!

Thanks for coming by today.  Stay tuned . . . I have a challenge coming up on The ScrapRoom Blog soon.  There will be a pack of washi tape up for grabs.  See you soon!

1 comment:

L.B. said...

Love the colors of this set and your journal card cut down...well that makes perfect sense now that I hear you say it!!