Friday, June 21, 2013

Sunflower and Burlap Wreath

Hi friends!  I'm back today to share my summer wreath for my front door.  It, too, was inspired by Pinterest.  Here's the wreath I pinned from Home DIY Remodeling.


Cute, hun?  LOVE the combination of burlap, grapevine, and sunflowers.  And that sweet wooden monogram!  But the best part was that I already had all of the supplies except for the grapevine wreath, which is super cheap and usually on sale at Hobby Lobby.  Here's my version.



The sunflowers were left over from an LSU project, so they were gold rather than white.  No problem. Just more summery and matches my patriotic mantel.  I used my wire cutters to pop them off the bushel they came on and then hot glued them onto the wreath.  I tucked in a few of the leaves for more texture and color.


The bow is made from burlap ribbon that I got on sale at Hobby Lobby.  It is 3" wide and has wire edging.  That made making the bow super easy.  And I used the whole roll so no scraps to deal with.  I used floral wire to hold the bow together and to add it to the wreath.  The tails are tacked down with hot glue.


And finally, the wooden monogram.  I actually bought this letter back in December to make a Christmas wreath but I just didn't get around to it.  I added two coats of acrylic golden yellow paint and then sealed it with some Mod Podge and tied it onto the wreath with yellow ribbon from my stash.  I think it would have looked better tied on with burlap twine but I couldn't find mine.  


Ok, I'm off to wander the pages of Pinterest to see what else I can craft up for my home!  Have a great day.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Wow! This is just plain awesome!! Love the combined textures, and yellow just screams "It's summer"!!

Juliana Michaels said...

Your wreath is gorgeous Aphra!!! I love the yellow sunflowers!!!