Monday, June 24, 2013

Wedding Album Revisited

Happy Monday to ya!  Summer is moving right along, and I still have a pretty long list of things I'd like to get done.  One of the things on my list is to finish my wedding album.  I got married in 1996, and I didn't start scrapping the photos until about 2005.  Then, I got reaaaallllllyyyyyyy bored with the pink, black, and white color scheme so I put it down for a while.  I even thought about taking it all apart and scrapping it Project Life style.  However, after looking through the album a couple of times, I decided to just finish it the way I started since that is more characteristic of the 90s style wedding that I had.  Ha ha!  Today, I want to share a couple of older pages as well as a new page that I finished over the weekend.

Title Page


This is my favorite photo of me and my honey!  We were dancing our first dance together.  My husband already has his jacket off and I already have a glass of champagne.  Good times!  You can probably tell from the two big flowers and Technique Tuesday chipboard swirls how long ago this was scrapped.  I'm glad that I left it alone.

Money Dance


It is tradition in some parts of Louisiana to have a money dance at your wedding.  Basically, your family and friends pin money on the bride and groom to dance with them.  Aside from the generosity of our guests, my favorite part of the dance was getting a few moments with my family and friends. 


These products are from Imaginisce's first black and white line that came out back when I was on their design team.  The ribbon, flowers, stamp, and pearls were all Imaginisce, too.  The black letters came from Michael's.  


Best Friends


This is the new page that I created over the weekend.  It features a series of pics of me and my best friends at the time.  Love these pictures!!!  The papers are a hodge podge of papers that I grabbed online and at my local craft stores back in 2005 when I started the album.  I used a sketch from Allison Davis for Scrapbook Generation.  The tags are Hedi Swapp, the flowers are Imaginisce, and the buttons are Basic Grey and Doodlebug.  The title was cut on my Silhouette.


I ran the tag below through my printer and used pink ink.  SO excited to finally learn how to print on tags.  I used THIS TUTORIAL, and it worked like a charm.


Thanks for joining me on a short walk down memory lane!  Be back soon to share some my July ScrapRoom sneak.


6 comments:

Shemaine Smith said...

These pages are fantastic! I also used that Imaginisce line for some wedding photos. It was perfect!

scrappymo! said...

I love these pages...The flowers look great on the first 2 pages...I have grandchildren so still use big flowers and big embellies on their pages...the bigger the better to them!
The updated look with the banner strips looks great on the third page!

Diane said...

Aphra, it's good to see you scrapping regular pages again!! Another good line for your wedding pics would be Basic Grey's Little Black Dress. I used it for my daughter's wedding and added my own pops of pink. I must admit that I had to take a break from those colors too!!! LOL

Michelle said...

Oh these are so fun to see!!! It is fun to see you making traditional pages.

Aphra Bolyer said...

Thanks, Diane!!! I will definitely check out that line.

Heather Landry said...

This is absolutely adorable! I love the colors and the banners. Super sweet two pager.