Monday, August 5, 2013

Project Life: Week 34

I loved the I {Heart} Summer line so much that I used it twice this month. For my Week 28 spread, I used the more colorful cards and the ones that were more specifically about Summer. However, since this layout is not about summer, I used more yellows, blues, and oranges without any mention of summer. I also brought in some embellishments from a couple of the Flavors of the Month kits: the pink brad, the banner stickers, and the chipboard frame.

Week 34


The left side is about our kitten Izzy when she was about a month old.  She was still so tiny and cute.  The right side was about my five year old learning to tie his shoes, a favorite treat, and my dog's reaction to our Hurricane Isaac preparations.


I find that I have not been doing a good job of putting the dates on all my title cards, so this month I tried to remember to do that for every week using my date stamper. Not sure if I like all the white space on this card, but I didn't want to overthink it.


For the photos on the right hand side, I used the numbered journal card to identify each event and then added banner stickers and a number to each photo. I like the extra pop of color that the stickers add.




That wraps up my ScrapRoom layouts for the month. In case you noticed, I skipped Weeks 31, 32, and 33. Partly because I didn't have many pictures with the beginning of school and partly because I have it on good authority that there will be a school line in The ScrapRoom's September kit, so I am saving all my back to school pictures for next month. Hope to see you then!



No comments: