Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Project Life: St Louis

Last summer we drove from Louisiana to Iowa to see my brother and his girlfriend.  To break up the trip, we stopped in St. Louis. These three pages are about my favorite parts of St. Louis: the arch, the Basilica, and Turtle Playground.

@ the Arch


I used one of my Flavors of the Month kits from The ScrapRoom for this page. The bright colors mixed with the black prints of the Simple Stories DIY line worked well with these pictures. The little chipboard shapes had a bit of a travel theme, too, so I thought that was fun.





Turtle Playground


This is my favorite spot in St Louis. Right alongside the freeway is a small playground full of concrete turtles of various sizes. As you can see, they are quite fun for climbing on. For this page, I used items from both the Project Life and Flavors of the Month kits.  I finished up the rest of the SNAP Her cards along with the last of the laser cut cards.  I also used the Simple Stories Photo Stickers. Those are SO much fun!


For the laser cut card below, I added three strips of the washi tape that came in the Project Life kit to a scrap piece of paper and attached it to the back of the card.  It was nice to have an additional pattern to pick from.




Love the Basilica


I'm just now realizing that I never went back and added "the Basilica" to the bottom of my title card. Ha ha! I plan to put a little flag or some mini alphas underneath the word Love on the title card. I used all My Mind's Eye Pretty Things cards from the Project Life kit for this page. At first, I was having a hard time. I just didn't really like the shabby chic style of the cards. But once I embellished some of them, I was good. For the cards below, I used my punches to create shapes from some of the cards I wasn't using. 


For this journal card, I cut down one of the small journal cards and cut out a block of one of the 3x4 cards. That and the enamel dots made it feel complete. Adding touches of green to almost all of  the cards helped it feel more cohesive to me, too.



Well, that's five of my seven July Project Life layouts.  Thanks for coming by.  See you soon with the last two layouts and a couple of new Project Life sketches.



2 comments:

Michelle said...

These are great!! You have me considering the pocket style design for my Tennessee trip. :) I have never been to St. Louis, but could of easily stopped on the way down to TN. We didn't though, we didn't have time. Turtle playground looks so fun!! I think Mpls. has a Basilica?? I want to say, but not positive. St. Paul has the Cathedral, which is beautiful. These make me want to be a tourist in our own area. I love exploring. :)

Michelle said...

It does!! Googled it. LOL Gorgeous building too. https://www.google.com/search?q=Does+Minneapolis+have+a+Basilica%3F&client=firefox-a&hs=2yi&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=np&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=yKK8U7PRBsy3yASuxIDADQ&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAg&biw=1366&bih=657