Friday, August 1, 2014

Project Life: August 2013

Wow, it's August. For me that means the hottest month of the year and the end of my nice summer break. I start back to work on August 7th and the kids go back on the 12th. So long lazy summer days. Ahhhh ... oh well, at least I have scrapbook albums to look at so that I can relish our memories. Today, I have the first of my August layouts to share. For this one, I used the Elle's Studio goodies that I received in my Flavors of the Month and Project Life kits from The ScrapRoom.

Aug 2013




At first I wasn't sure that these soft pastel colors would work with my photos, but I really like how it turned out. The yellow is actually a bit brighter than it is showing in these photos. One thing I liked about the Elle's Studio 12x12 papers is that the brand name strip at the bottom had a nice coordinating pattern on the back. The happiness card above includes two of those patterns.



I got several acrylic overlays in my kits this month. LOVE them! I didn't even have to attach the one above to my photos. I just slipped it in the pocket with them. It hasn't shifted or anything. For the & this card below, I cut down one of the 12x12 sheets of paper so that the sunburst was right in the middle of my 3x4 card and then I just added the wooden heart on top. SO easy.


This kit is so pretty. Be sure to head over to The ScrapRoom Gallery so that you can see what the rest of the team did with it.  See you soon with more of my August pages in detail.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

This is so neat! I love the little details. That overlay looks great. Have a great school year!!! I can't wait to see your classroom all decked out.