Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Project Disney: Star Tours

School is in full swing. Has been for two weeks now. I was SO thankful for the day off yesterday to recuperate and get caught up on school work. Great way to spend Labor Day, huh?

Today, I have a new Project Disney page to share. All the papers came in my September kits from The ScrapRoom. For this particular layout, I used the We R Memory Keepers Indian Summer cards, papers, and stickers and the Studio Calico chipboard Woodgrain Geotags.

Star Tours


This month I didn't have as much time to edit my pictures, so I just printed them all at 4" by 6" size.  This left me with a lot of portrait photos, so I had to change up the page protectors. The left side is the traditional Becky Higgins Design A, and the right side is by Simply Stories. You can't even tell the difference between these two brands.  LOVE that!  The third one is a 6" by 12" by Becky Higgins, Design H. 


These pictures are from our first trip to Disney.  As you can see the boys (all three of them -- ha ha) loved Star Tours.  We took our time going through the ride and the play area outside.  Both kids made a light saber, too. My favorite is the picture of all three of them in the 3D glasses. I love those nerds!


For the title card, I got super complicated with a sticker strip and some Thickers. Ha ha! I don't know if you can see it, but the Thickers are grey with white lines on them.  I thought they were a perfect match.  More stash used!


I kept the embellishing to a minimum on this layout. The journaling pocket and date card are about as fancy as it gets. I added a little washi tape and a sticker to the kraft pocket that came in the kit. The journaling tag is a trimmed down card that I didn't use. And for the date card, I added some old Jillibean Soup alphabet stickers from my stash and one of the super cute Studio Calico Geotags to indicate the approximate date.

Well, that's all I have to share today. I have several more layouts to share using this month's kits from The ScrapRoom.  See you real soon with some of those!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Oh gosh! Look how little Ethan was then!!! Fun pages. I am glad you had some extra time to get caught up on some work. Labor day weekend was a 'labor' day here. Getting these projects done that Greg started and hasn't finished. SO very close to getting that deck completely finished then to pressure wash and restain. Time spent at the book store too getting Ben ready for school.