Monday, April 27, 2009

They Crack Me Up

My boys cracked me up while dying the eggs for Easter. My oldest son was super serious and ever so careful with each egg. Then, there's my crazy toddler. He kept picking up the eggs, putting them under his arm, and declaring, "I da chicken, bawk, bawk!" I thought it was hilarious, but my eight-year-old just thought it was annoying and not at all interested in the "Eggstra Help."


This is the subject of my layout for sketch #10 at The Scrappiest. I love all the layers of patterned paper in this one. I did leave off one layer because I wanted to be able to see the beautiful embroidered paper by Prima. As soon as I saw this paper at Treasured Memories, I thought of using it on my layout of dying eggs.





I loved being able to use more of these Jewelry Box Thickers. That purply-red is not a color that I use often, but my aren't they sweet? Another neat embellishment is the Prima pebble. I have a whole pack of them....with Alice in Wonderland type rabbits on them. So neat!

Another little technique I learned recently is faux stitching. Do you already know this trick? Anyway, in case you don't, you make a row of dots where you want to "stitch" and then you lightly connect them. I think it really looks like stitching. I enjoyed my new technique so much, I went a little crazy with it. Give it a try....it's much easier than taking out the Singer.

Happy Scrappin'


11 comments:

~ Grace ~ said...

This is such a great LO. I love the colors and the choice of PP with the egg dieing photos is no less the perfect. Great job and nice stitching technique.

Frances said...

That is such a fabulous layout and I love that technique...it really does look like stitching!

Lucy Edson said...

Love the faux stitching- it looks so real!! Your Easter egg story is so funny and I love the clever title!

Congrats on your new DT gig!! :)

chelemom said...

Love the story behind this LO! Too funny! This turned out so cute!!! Love those Prima pebbles too!

My Scraptacular Life said...

This is just beautiful!!

Scrapper Mom said...

Congrats on the Pages in Time DT! And, great layout :) I love faux stitching, mainly b/c I'm too lazy to drag out my sewing machine and actually sew on my pages for real! lol.

MyLittleTeapot said...

What a great LO to remember this event by. I love it Aphra!!!! Im totally diggin your color choices

MyLittleTeapot said...

I need your help. Can you go to http://readyset-scrap.blogspot.com/2009/04/ready-set-scrap-blog-candy.html and leave a message to that post stating that "LG" invited you there. And also, be a follower to that blog so that we can win a RAK from them.

Thanks sweetie
LG

MyLittleTeapot said...

First of all I would like to tell you how much I appreciate you taking time to post at Ready Set Scrap. Thank you so much for all your lovely comments and your continuous support to me.

I really love being friends with a lot of people who shares the same interest as I have. Thank you for all the inspiration.

Luv yah
LG

Denise said...

Beautiful Layout!!!! Love the title...and all the beautiful colors!~~

Bethany Kartchner said...

What a beautiful LO! Congrats on the DT assignment! I can see why she chose you!!