Friday, April 17, 2009

True Story



Picture it. I'm on vacation in Brenham, TX with my sweet little family. [Aww, ain't that a cute picture?] After a long day of sightseeing and pleading with my two boys to look at the camera while sitting in the bluebonnets, I'm perched on the hotel bed looking at the Urban Anthology forum on my husband's laptop, which I told him not to bring, when I discovered that the next challenge was due at 9:00 am the next morning. Panic!

I'm in third place in their Design Star Challenge. I want to be on their design team....their kits are fabulous! Not to mention, I am competitive.

So, I grab my purse and run over to the Wal-Mart to buy supplies: paper, scissors, adhesive, ribbon, beads, stickers. That's it. Have you ever scrapped without all your tools and hoards of scrapbook goodies? Not so easy--I was using the edge of the paper pack for my ruler and the cardboard of the ribbon spool to draw circles and round corners. Some old school scrappin there!

Well, I made my card...not my best work, but pretty good for hotel scrapping. I photographed it...not the best lighting. Do you see the white hotel towels under it? The best I could do in the Best Western at 10:30 pm was the bathroom. And you know how great that light is, hun ladies?

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I think it's a fantastic card...and an awesome story. Good luck with the competition!

Jamie Harder said...

Awesome card!! And WOW girl, that is some serious dedication to your craft. You totally NEED to get on that design team!!!

Frances said...

Ok, where to begin...that blog header is precious and that big boy hair cut Ethan is sporting is cracking me up! You will be telling that story for a while...or at least you should it is hilarious. Lastly, your card is great, I don't think you are giving yourself enough credit, and that terry cloth towel adds a certain little ambiance.

Tawnya said...

I like it! I am so impressed especially knowing the situation you were in!

Staci said...

Wow! I can't believe you pulled that together so quickly and with limited supplies! That is one fabulous card! I have my fingers crossed for you to win - you do beautiful work!