Sunday, May 3, 2009

Reveal, Rework, and Receive

We are having some fabulous Spring weather here in Louisiana. The flowers are blooming, the birds are chirping, and there is color everywhere. My scrapbook layouts are full of pinks and greens, flowers, butterflies, bumblebees, and all things Spring!

This is my 52 Sketches...52 Weeks DT layout for sketch #18. My mom tried sooo hard to get my little one to take a good photo with her. He was too squirmy after being in the car for eight hours. When he finally did look at the camera, I got this cheesy grin...and my mom had given up.

This layout features Basic Grey Sultry, Making Memories Flower Patch, Sassafras Lass Paper Whimsies, a Technique Tuesday chipboard circle, Martha Stewart butterfly punch, various bling, stick pins, tickets, and a couple of pages from Great Expectations. LOL






The prize this week is a kit from The Shaker Box. It is full of Webster Pages paper and all sorts of other yummy goodness. Go take a peek!

Well, I've been tinkering with my blog again. Finally decided that I couldn't stand it any longer....needed a three-column blog and a scrapbooked header. Just couldn't help myself. Two of my all-time favorite scrappers (Frances Sylvia and Jana Eubanks) had one, so ya know....now I do, too. I might need to take a better photo when the weather perks up a bit.

Finally, I have more exciting news. Susan Longman over at Scrap the Boys challenge blog asked me to be on the design team for the next three months. Sooooo excited. I guess I'll be quiet for a while about only scrapping boys and not being able to use pink and flowers and all that whiny business. The challenges are great, and the prizes are even better. Come play along! There's a new challenge every month, so you have plenty of time to get your entry in for May!

11 comments:

Melissa said...

Congrats on the DT position, I have visited that site often but haven't played along yet.

You're blog looks fabulous and that LO is simply adorable.

Ann said...

I like the new blog look. I have been wanting to do a scrapped header for my page for a while, so little time. I do have a scrapped header for my sketch blog though.

Lydia said...

Great LO Aphra, and the make ove on your blog looks spiffy too, congrats on the DT.

Susan Longman said...

Welcome to the team Aphra...can't wait to see what you have install for us...

Denise said...

Terrific Page!!! Terrific New Look to the blog and Terrific news about the dt!!! congrats!!

Rochelle said...

Awesome page!! Love the butterflies! Is that MS Punch? Congrats on the design team!

Heather Bares said...

gorgeous layout and congrats!!!

Wendy Smith said...

welcome to the team...it is wonderful to have you here with us

MyLittleTeapot said...

Hi Aphra!!!

Thank you so much for always leaving some positive feedback over at my blog. I really appreciate every comment you make. It makes scrapping more rewarding.

This LO of yours is stunning. I love those pps and your placements is just incredible! Thanks for all the inspiration and friendship.

Till next time sweetie. Take care always
LG

Frances said...

Great layout and love the new look of the blog!!!

ally serrato said...

this layout totally rocks too ~ i love the paper {with the words} you used for the butterflies :-D