Sunday, May 10, 2009

Finished this late Saturday night while scrapping with Frances on speaker phone. Such fun! We participated in a couple of challenges. My layout is for Creative Scrappers sketch #50 and this month's Chinese Proverb challenge at Scrapping Out LOUD.

I finally got around to using Basic Grey's Marrakech....totally worth the wait! I used just about every piece of chipboard that came in my kit--gotta love that! And, of course, I used my Martha Stewart butterfly punch AND woodgrain stamp--two new favorites. I stamped woodgrain onto a transparency and punched it out. A little hard to see, but such a fun touch. Now, I'm on the prowl for a larger butterfly punch and a script stamp. Who knew that stamping and punching could be so much fun? Yeah, I know, I'm a little late in this game. LOL



6 comments:

Jessica said...

absolutely amazing! love it!

Kristine said...

You did an awesome job! Love those alphas... makes me want to run out and buy some!!! Thank you for Participating!!!! Love the new blog decor by the way!

redmom said...

The colors are gorgeous! What a little cutie you have there, I hope he never stops being curious!

Frances said...

LOVE the butterflies and gotta love some BG...scrapping next Friday or Saturday? LOL!

Samantha said...

Hi Aphra, great LO, the colors you picked look amazing with that photo of your lovely lovely boy. Gosh , he is a beautiful one. I have always loved redheads, who doesn't? Are you in love with that woodgrain stamp? I just got one on Friday and I LOVE it. I can't get enough of it. I love how you used it on your butterfly.

Jodi said...

I Love this LO too Aphra! Love the butteflies and the paper line too!!