Monday, June 22, 2009

The Scrappiest's Sketch #18 is a Hoot


Don't you just love that tree branch and owl? Too cute! I can't get enough of trees and vines and creatures! Fun stuff. I also like how clean the rest of the sketch is. Liz really sketched up a good one this week.




I've put together a variety of odds and ends for this one. The background paper is the backside of a piece of Prima. Forgot which line. Then, the scalloped edge is from Pink Paislee Office Lingo die cut sheet. I had to piece it to get it down to the size I wanted. Then, one of my favorite parts is the blocked pieces of a book page. LOVE that look. The photos are mounted on some older Crate paper.



Ooooo, I am so glad to finally use this Hambly owl. He's adorable as is. All I did was plop down a couple of buttons for his eyes. The alphas here are actually a border that I chopped up and added simply for the color and texture.



Finally, I did a little distressing and doodling on my Heidi Swapp letters, circa 2007? 2008? I still have a ton of those, and I plan on using them up.

Be sure to go check out the other DT members layouts. They are fabulous, as always. And, Liz has a great prize up for grabs this month. So, load up your layout before the end of the month. I'll be checking to see what you all come up with.

Happy Scrappin'

6 comments:

laterg8r said...

i love owls and branches too! love this page and that you used some older stuff mixed with new stuff.

Melissa said...

cute cute cute ... I had to stop by for some "Aphra" inspiration this afternoon!

Susan said...

A great one again! Love this layout---come to think of it, I love all of your layouts!!

iza said...

great one aphra!!little owl n tree branch too cute to resist...

Tracey said...

Awesome LO Aphra. Love it...xxx

chunot76m said...

cool sketch with cool layout! Maybe i shud give it a try.

Nadhrah...ur new buddy in Scrap The Boys