Friday, August 21, 2009

Beary Special

This month's sponsor at So Sketchy? was The Paper Passion, manufacturer of some adorable stamps. I got one of a sweet little girl holding her teddy bear. To feature this stamp, I used one of Allison's awesome card sketches. Here's my card.



Now, I don't normally make cards, but I tried some techniques that I've seen on beautiful cards while blog surfing. For instance, I added some wide grossgrain ribbon, some tiny pearls, a handstitched border, and a button centered with a pearl. I also stamped the image twice--once on the white cardstock and once on patterned paper. I cut out the dress from the patterned paper and glued it on top of the other stamped image. Easy peasy!

Anyway, you should really head over to So Sketchy! to see today's card sketch HERE and the real card designers' cards. They're fabulous!

Happy Friday,

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Super cute card Aphra! I love that you cut the dress out of pp and I love all of the pearls!

Lydia said...

Such a cute card and I love the Go speed racer layout, saw it at 3scrappy boys and I LOVE LOVE LOVE, the button stop light!

christie Trahan said...

OK.... This card is tooo cute! I seldom make homemade cards either but this is precious!

LG said...

this is so cute aphra. Love the colors