Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Couple of Wise Guys

This week's sketch at 52 Sketches...52 Weeks is a good one. It includes two photos, horizontal lines, lots of flowers, and a fun scalloped border. Do you wanna see it? Go HERE.

For my layout, I used two small photos of my husband reading Harry Potter to my son. Awww....sweet. Every night before bed, they would snuggle up and read a chapter or so. My husband would even do the voices. I just didn't know he had it in him. What a wise guy, hun?







I just love this storybook paper by Jenni Bowlin. It was perfect for the trees and my giant scalloped border, which I made using instructions from Deanna Misner over at Urban Anthology. I don't know if you can see it, but the tree trunks are painted with Tim Holtz crackle paint. Such a great detail in person. Then, I added some Maya Road sheer owls and some kraft journal sprouts from Jillibean Soup. The title includes MM tiny alphas and some new fabric Thickers by American Crafts. I love the color and the thin font.

As usual, there is a great prize up for grabs at 52 Sketches...52 Weeks. You have all month and four fab sketches to play along. So, what are you waiting for, hun?

Happy Scrappin'

5 comments:

laterg8r said...

love how you used the journalling sprouts to back your title :)

Jamie Harder said...

Super layout! Love how you did your scallops:-)

Tracey said...

Love this layout Aphra. Gorgeous work :)

LG said...

Love all the details Aphra! Your DH is so sweet.

Tara Orr said...

love the colour scheme in this layout!! Fantastic as usual!