Tuesday, August 18, 2009

It's a Wrap!

That's our challenge at Scrapping Out LOUD! this week. Use tissue paper and a bow on your layout. I knew immediately that I'd be making some tissue paper flowers. I've seen them on lots of layouts, and I LOVE them. Here's my take.







Aren't those flowers fun? There are many ways to make them, but I went the easy route. I cut out three different sized circles from the tissue paper, four layers of each size, all held together with a brad. I scrunched them and painted them with Angel Wings Shimmerz. Voila! I've also seen people use white tissue paper and Glimmer Mist it. Yeah, I'm trying that soon.

The layout is based on another of Liz's great sketches, #26 at The Scrappiest. The rest of the design team provided some great inspiration that you should definitely go see. Check it out HERE. You have all week to link up your take on the sketch to be eligible for the monthly prize. This month's sponsor is Memorable Seasons! Wow, hun?

Happy Scrappin'

12 comments:

Laurel said...

Great job incorporating both challenges! Love the flowers, I've done them on cards, must try it on a layout!

Melissa said...

VERY cool LO, love the bright colours

Jamie Harder said...

Love this one Aphra!!!!!

laterg8r said...

the flowers are great and i love how you rolled the paper to create spirals - great idea :D

christie Trahan said...

Love checking out your blog..... I need to take the time to try some of those cute techniques! I dont know if I am lazy or I put tooo many pics on a layout to fit all the fun stuff?

Stacey Michaud said...

Oh! I love this--those flowers just rock! Speaking of great layouts, I sent you an email because I need your SS.com one in a bigger size! Can you check your email!? Thanks, girlie!

tina said...

Oooo, those paper flowers are so yummy! Gorgeous, Aphra! :)

Zolotce said...

Whats a great page!

Susan Stringfellow said...

Hi - thanks for the comment on my blog because it brought me to your beautiful work! I just love this page and the curls and flowers are just perfect! Loving your style :)

Jessica said...

ohh love this pg. so much Aphra...yummy flowers!

Lydia said...

Wow great layout Aphra, love the dimension and that flower and those pearls look amazing. Great bright color combo, love it!

Liz Granger said...

Aphra,
your awesome. Love this layout and the cool twist with paper instead of ribbon just does it for me! Can't wait to see everyone next week.
liz