Monday, August 31, 2009

Oh Captain, My Captain!



Oh my goodness, that's cute stuff! My little man wore those thick cotton training pants an entire day without having an accident. He's just about ready for potty training. Our schedule changes dramatically after Labor Day, so we'll actually start closer to the end of the month when things settle down and his daddy comes home. In the meantime, I've been taking some super cute photos of him practicing.

This layout is based on Liz's sketch #28 at The Scrappiest. I had to change it a good bit to use the photos and October Afternoon Little Ducky paper and embellies that I was set on using. The original sketch has one large square photo with a stitched heart on top. Be sure to go by the blog HERE to see the sketch and the other designers' takes on it. You won't be sorry!





I absoluletely love the die cuts that came with this line of paper. I was able to use a good many of them, too! I added some Angel Wings and Sunflower Shimmerz to the clouds, ducks, and yellow Thickers. LOVE that stuff! I'm ready to order myself a slew of fall colors.



This was such a fun layout. It came together quickly, too! That Liz. She's so good. Thanks, girl.

Thanks for stopping by. And if you come back tomorrow, I'll have another reveal for ya.

Happy Scrappin'

12 comments:

Lydia said...

What a marvelous layout Aphra love all the 3D elements. and Max is so cute hope that is going well for you!

Jamie Harder said...

Love all the embellishments on this one!! Good luck with the potty training:-)

Ashley Smith said...

Cute LO! And yes, good luck with the potty training!

laterg8r said...

so happy for you that your little guy wants to use the potty - what cutie pics :D

Michelle said...

Your little guy must be close in age to mine. Ben has been going potty on the toilet regularly since the end of June. He has been wearing those training pants. He does very well with it.. no wet pants. Now to convince him to do the other thing and we would have it made!! I love the LO!! The title is fun and I love all the OA papers.

Rebecca said...

Just 2 cute 4 words! Awesome LO too ;)

Pearl said...

Such adorable pics , Aphra ! great story to document ! Love the OA use here ! Just duckie !

meluv2scrap said...

That is just so adorable.

Frances said...

Holy COW that boy! He just cracks me up...he can have a blast doing anything...oh, to be young again. Love the layout girlie!

Wendy Smith said...

oh Aphra..this is just TOOOO CUTE. I love it and that OA range is perfect!!

Jessica said...

that is such a great pg....captain underpants...lol love it...you come up with the best titles!

Michelle said...

I love perusing your blog. I love looking at your LO's. You are so inspiring.... but, I just noticed that your little one is standing on his upside down Little Tikes table!! LOL My now 11 yr old used to do that!! Still and adorable LO!!