Monday, August 3, 2009

Rip It!

Rip it good! That's the challenge at Scrapping Out LOUD! this week. Rip something up and put it on your layout. Sounds easy enough, hun?

For my layout, I decided to create a tree and flowers from torn cardstock. It was soooo much fun, and I just love the result. Take a look.



And where did I get that scrappy goodness, you may ask. From my new Noel Mignon kit, Nightingale. It was actually her February kit, but I just got it. Everything except the fabric Prima house came in it. Mmmm...can't wait for more Noel Mignon kits!



Do you see all that tearing? For the trees, I traced different sized circles on the cardstock and then slowly tore around each one. For the flowers, I tore each petal and crunched them a little in the middle. Then I attached them to the back of a circle and plopped a button on top. I really love the way it turned out, so I made two more to use in place of the Os in my title. I'm planning to make some torn daisies and twisted roses in the future.



See those letters. Well, they are some old blue distressed chipboard letters that I painted with a green dabber and outlined with a brown Zig marker. I'm trying hard to use up my chipboard letters, and this is a good way to do it.



So, I have enjoyed my Martha Stewart butterfly punch so much that I bought another butterfly punch. I got it from Hobby Lobby with my 40% off coupon. Isn't it fun?

Be sure to go check out the rest of the design team's layouts HERE. They are phenomenal and will have you itching to rip something up! LOL

Happy Scrappin'

11 comments:

LG said...

love it!

laterg8r said...

this is a big WOW - love it :)

Denise said...

Fantastic Layout Aphra, your tree is awesome!!!! Love it!!!

Julie Bonner said...

This is fabulous Aphra - just love it!!!

An Zeelmaekers said...

love your LO

christie Trahan said...

Layout is awesome..... But my favorite is the tree!

Amy Coose said...

That LO is gorgeous, and the tree...WOW!! Great job!

Michelle Lanning said...

i love that layout just beautiful!!!

Beatriz Guzman said...

I love it Aphra! Love the colors, the piecing, everything! You do amazing work

Bree said...

Wow girl that is FABULOUS.. you are brilliant!

Mel said...

aphra--What a gorgeous layout! I love the whole scenery thing going on. And the tearing--you got that down pat. Just lovely!